For rountine appointments please phone between 8.30am and 11.00am.
We aim to have appointments available to be booked at least 4 weeks in advance.
If you need an urgent appointment, your call will be dealt with through the Doctors triage clinic, which is open Monday to Friday from 8.00am and 10.00am. You will be asked for your telephone number and the on call Doctor will telephone you back to discuss your problem and if an appointment is then necessary, they will be happy to make one for you.
An 'on the day' appointment will not necessarily be with the doctor of your choice.
Please remember that appointments with both Doctors and nurses are limited.
Help us to help you
Please try to attend your appointment on time. If you are more than 10 minutes late the doctor/nurse may not be able to see you.
- If you cannot attend your appointment please cancel it with as much notice as possible. You can do this out of hours if you need to by phoning the main surgery line, selecting the cancel appointment option and following the instructions given.
- Please be patient, the doctor tries to keep to time but never knows what the morning or afternoon may bring.
- Please try to avoid bringing lists of problems to one appointment.
- Keep in mind patients cannot share an appointment, and must be seen seperately.
- Your appointment time is only designed for the doctor to deal with one or two problems.
- Where possible, if you require repeat prescriptions please ask for them at reception and not during the consultation.
Do you really need an appointment?
Sometimes there are alternatives to actually seeing the doctor, some nore convenient and faster, saving both you and the doctor time. Here are some examples:
|Ask at Reception|
|Ask at Reception|
Brief discussion with the Doctor
|Ask to speak to a Doctor on the phone.|
Simple occasional attack of Cystitis
|Ask at reception, Doctor will advise on treatment.|
Blood Pressure Check
|Appointment with Health Care Assistant|